Fort Worth Post-Trial Motions Attorneys

Modifying a Court Decision

When people wish to change court decisions, they begin the process by filing post-trial motions with the trial court. A post-trial motion is not the same as filing an appeal with the appellate court. In many cases, people file post-trial motions to address just one aspect of the initial court decision.

All post-trial motions require representation from an attorney with specialized knowledge of the law and with significant court experience. For family law post-trial motions, contact The Law Office of Gary L. Nickelson. We have an attorney who is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as well as an attorney who is board certified in civil appellate law. Whether you need representation in a post-trial motion or a family law appeal, we can help.

Deadlines for Filing Post-trial Motions

A post-trial motion can be used to modify, correct or reform all or part of a court decision. After the judge signs the order/judgment, either side may file a post-trial motion. You must be aware of the time limits, however. You have only 30 days after the day the judge signs the final order to file a post-trial motion.

Sometimes, people file a post-trial motion for a new trial in order to have more time to prepare for an appeal. The same 30-day time limit applies to filing a notice of appeal; however, filing a post-trial motion provides additional time for filing an appeal as well as additional time for the trial court to reconsider its decision.

Texas Motion for New Trial Lawyers

Please call our Fort Worth post-trial motions lawyers at 817-735-4000 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.